Thursday, October 1, 2015

Joan Reid ~ Featured Artist

 Joan Reid
 Artist ~ Teacher ~ Holistic Healer



I have always loved to create, whether it is with oil paint, pastels, pen & ink, pencil or monotypes.  It is like a meditation for me.  I sit or stand and just look for a while at the scenery or objects I am going to use to inspire a piece of artwork. Many times, the medium is decided after I “feel” what speaks to me.


After college, I worked as an Illustrator in Philadelphia. I knew I didn’t want to live in a city forever, and I missed the country. I majored in Illustration and in Art Education receiving a BFA and BS before doing graduate work. I came back to the foothills of the Adirondacks to teach. I taught Art in Public schools and the college level for over 35 years creating pictures in my head more than I had the 
time to actually make my images.

 I helped hundreds of students learn about Art and loved it. Now that I am retired from public school, I am enjoying creating outside in nature, and in my studio, where I teach a few drawing and painting classes a week. I am also a clinical Hypnotherapist and holistic healer. 
 I give workshops in Meditation and Mindfulness, Trusting Your Intuition, Listening to Your Inner Voice Through 
Art and Imagery, Dowsing, and a variety of other workshops.

Websites for more information about my classes are:









No comments:

Post a Comment